It is very convenient to create, mix, record music by means of the Steinberg Cubase sound workstation. A rich selection of virtual instruments, the use of advanced technologies and an extensive audio library of ready-made elements for soundtrack design turn the work of sound recording into a creative process that ensures the realization of ideas of any complexity and guarantees high-quality results. Cubase contains all the necessary tools for developing, mixing and recording sound compositions by beginners, and is also applicable for home use.
Do not change the installation path of Cubase! It must be installed by default on drive C. Otherwise, you will end up with an error: No valid license. The program will be closed.
0. Install eLicenserControlSetup.exe
1. Install “Soft-eLicenser local license generator b25”
2. Install Steinberg_Library_Manager_win.exe
3. Install Steinberg_Activation_Manager_Installer_win.exe
4. Run the Setup.exe file in the folder Cubase_12_Installer_win and install Cubase 12
5. Run “Activation Manager Unlocker b2.exe” and then restart the PC
Remove or remove from startup buggy software that interferes with eLicenser Control:
Asus Xonar HookSupport Manager
Winstep Nexus Dock
And don’t forget about your Antivirus, Windows Defender (if you run into problems)
Everyone who has a problem with the license and who sees the message “There is no valid license. The program will be closed” at startup.
You just need to uninstall eLicenser, Steinberg Library Manager, Steinberg Activation Manager, Cubase 12.
And then install everything again according to the instructions:
0. Delete C:\ProgramData\eLicenser folder and C:\ProgramData\Steinberg folder
1. Install eLicenserControlSetup.exe
2. Install “Soft-eLicenser local license generator b25” as administrator
Immediately after installing “Soft-eLicenser local license generator b25” “, the eLicenser Control Center will open, do not do anything in it, just click “Close” “Cancel” and close the application.
3. Install Steinberg_Library_Manager_win.exe
4. Install Steinberg_Activation_Manager_Installer_win.exe
5. Run the Setup.exe file in the Cubase_12_Installer_win folder and install Cubase 12
Install Cubase 12 on the system drive “C” WITHOUT CHANGING the installation path. After the installation is complete, open the Steinberg Activation Manager, click enter, a browser will open. Make sure the page has loaded and close your browser.
6. Run as administrator “Activation Manager Unlocker b1.exe” and restart your PC.
I understand that all this sounds like a dance with a tambourine, but a similar procedure helped me. Prior to this, “There is no valid license. The program will be closed” I saw during repeated reboots of the PC.