Five powerful Cableguys effects in one plugin. For modern mixes and endless inspiration.
With five powerful Cableguys effects – TimeShaper 2, VolumeShaper 6, FilterShaper Core 2, PanShaper 3 and WidthShaper 2 – ShaperBox 2 creates amazing musical, rhythmic effects and helps solve complex mixing tasks.
Get inspired: transform loops, beats, vocals, melodies or bass lines into exciting hooks to kickstart your next track. Then refine your mix with sample-accurate sidechaining, powerful compression, stereo range expansion, and more.
Five cable effects
Time, filter, pan, volume and width shapers combined in the ShaperBox 2. Zero-latency analog feedback filters, compression based on classic British mixing consoles, sample-accurate volume modulation, mid-expansion and more – all in one plug-in that saves the processor.
The LFOS you design
At the heart of every shaper is an LFO like no other. From choppy beats to organic pulsations, any waveform you can imagine is just a few clicks away with Cableguys’ famous editing tools. Lock your LFOs to DAW tempo with sample precision, or trigger to any beat with MIDI notes.
New! Creating the perfect LFO just got easier with three powerful, easy-to-grip knobs. Draw clean lines, smooth arcs, and smooth S-curves. Redraw transitions with a single click, quickly create rhythmic patterns, and more. Return to classic single-node editing at any time.
Flexible Envelope Holders
New! Filters, pan and width shapers can automatically respond to the dynamics of your beats, loops, melodies – whatever. Make the filters open every time you hit the trap. Move your percussion dynamically. Expand synths as they get louder. Trigger from other tracks in your project using sidechain routing.
New! With the high-quality British-style compressor built into VolumeShaper 6, you see compression on the same big graph as your volume changes. Get the perfect beat and control over drums, bass lines, vocals and more. Still not perfect? Take a pen and refine the gain curve until it looks like this.
Shapers that do more
New! Use 3 filters at once, including new types of phasers, with Shaper Core 2’s multi-band filter. Get retro tape/vinyl wow with TimeShaper 2’s Fine mode. Boost transients with VolumeShaper 6’s gain control. Haas psychoacoustic panning in PanShaper 3.
Multi-lanes made easy
Each shaper can be divided into 3 lanes for highly focused processing. Squeeze the bass. Stutter in the mids. Reverse the highs. There are no limits for your creativity.
New! Steep 24dB crossovers join classic 6dB and 12dB models for even greater precision.
Explore over 1000 professional presets and share patches via the Cableguys preset cloud.
New! Get inspired by packs, curated collections of the very best presets for lo-fi FX, compression, scratching and more. Work even faster with 1-click quick settings for critical tasks like sidechain avoidance.
Add. Information : VST-INTEL.
AU(component) in Ableton Live and Logic Pro works
New! Retina/HiDPI support for crisper graphics
Built-in help – hover over any control for a description
Expandable LFO for detailed editing
Set LFO length in beats and bars, hertz or MIDI note
LFO loop length from 1/128 to 32 bars with sample-accurate sync
Frequency modulation up to 5.24 kHz for extreme sound design
Trigger LFO at any beat using MIDI notes
New! Trigger smoothing to reduce clicks when triggering MIDI
Large, accurate view of the oscilloscope with freeze capability
New! Oscilloscope Amplitude Mode for Easy Envelope Follower Setup
New! Smoother and more accurate spectrum viewing
New! Dedicated selection tool for editing multiple nodes
New! 2x/3x button – double/triple patterns with one click
Flip/resize/move/randomize wave or selection
Copy/paste waves between any shapers
Unlimited undo/redo for LFO wave editing
9 slots to store custom waves saved with a patch
Switch custom waveforms with MIDI
Dry/wet mix in each mold to balance the effect
Group solo and side chain solo for easy customization
New! Increased multiband separation range, now from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
New! External Envelope/Compressor Side Chain Envelope
New! Envelope/compressor input filters for frequency response
New! Envelope follower threshold so only loud signals trigger the envelope
New! Depth x2/x4/x8 for envelopes to increase modulation strength
New! Adaptive Envelope/Compressor Release Mode
– Fixed: When using PanShaper with a sample rate of 192kHz or higher, Haas high settings could cause crashes.
– Fixed: In some DAWs (eg Cubase) latency was not compensated correctly when the host bypassed the plugin.
– Fixed: Double-clicking or dragging a modulated parameter could sometimes change the LFO waveform or create too many undo stages.
2.3.2 – May 4, 2021
– New: Supports AAX for Pro Tools 12.0 or later.
– New: “Always use 16 delay samples” option via the main menu. When disabled, ShaperBox uses 0 delay counts when no DriveShaper is added. For most DAWs, latency is compensated correctly, so this setting is of no practical importance. However, some DAWs (such as Ableton Live and Logic Pro X) have known problems with latency compensation, so zero latency can be useful.
– Fixed: In FL Studio, host time signatures with a denominator other than 4 caused sync issues.
2.3.1 – December 23, 2020
– Fixed: In Ableton Live, automation for automatic options could be disabled after loading a project containing a ShaperBox.
– Fixed: TimeShaper MIDI Trigger Smoothing didn’t work properly when TimeShaper was placed after DriveShaper, the LFO “step” waveform matched the MIDI note triggering the LFO, and TimeShaper’s step mode was set to Smooth.
2.3 – December 16, 2020
– New shaper: DriveShaper. If you have it, then please download/apply the updated license file from your Cableguys user account.
– New: Smooth LFO control for all shapers except TimeShaper.
– Fixed: FilterShaper Core 2 stereo offset setting was not saved with songs.
– Fixed: If LFO was using Hertz mode, LFO background signals (from other ranges/shapers) were displayed with the wrong length.
– Fixed: Dialog boxes scaled incorrectly when scaled other than 100% or 200%.