A class designed for those who want to master sound design by learning from some of the best artists producing today.
Welcome to Ultimate Sound Design Recipe Book, Vol 1: Bass!
In this class, you won’t just be hearing from me. You will have 5 incredibly experienced, professional instructors. I’ll be one of them, but I’ve brought in some of the top sound designers working right now to give up their secrets.
• Jack Denny: Best known for his role as one of three producers and performers in the super-group Ternion Sound. These guys are all over the world right now.
• Joe Dumpling: Known primarily under his alias Dumpling, Joe is a top-notch producer and multi-instrumentalist. And an experienced teacher, too!
• Zak Khan: Zak is making some of the funkiest, coolest music I’ve heard in a long time, so I was super excited he agreed to help out with some videos here. Get ready for something special.
• James Patrick: You’ve met James before in some of my other classes, but he is also a world-renowned producer and performer, and accomplished teacher (and Ableton Certified Trainer)
• Me! I’ll be guiding you through all of the lessons from these guests and filling in anything that needs to be filled in.
The goal of this class is to help you define your sound by learning some of the tricks of the best in the world.
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
This course is NOT specific to any DAW program.
This is a course about techniques. Most techniques that you see the instructors doing can be replicated in several different applications. We will focus here on techniques, and learning with step-by-step examples of how to make specific sounds.
• Dirty Bass
• Funk Bass
• Wobble Bass
• The Wub-Wubs!
• Some Weird Bass Sounds
• And much, much more!
If you are ready to start making professional sounding tracks, this is the class that will start you on that journey. Get started today.
Dr. Allen is a university music professor and is a top-rated Udemy instructor – with nearly 100 courses and over 300,000 students.
In 2017 Star Tribune Business featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
** I guarantee that this course is the most thorough sound design course available ANYWHERE on the market – or your money back (30-day money-back guarantee) **
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
⇢ “It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows complex concepts to get absorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier.” – M. Shah
⇢ “Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts… It’s the best investment in leveling up my skills so far..” – Z. Palce
⇢ “Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed.” – A. Tóth
⇢ “VERY COOL. I’ve waited for years to see a good video course, now I don’t have to wait anymore. Thank You!” – Jeffrey Koury
⇢ “I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!” – A. Deichsel
⇢ “The basics explained very clearly – loads of really useful tips!” – J. Pook
⇢ “Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!” – M. Smith
Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts for all future classes in the series.
He is a PhD in music, university professor, and a best selling music producer. He brings this authenticity to all of his Udemy courses.
Jason Allen (better known as J. Anthony Allen) has worn the hats of composer, producer, songwriter, engineer, sound designer, DJ, remix artist, multi-media artist, performer, inventor, and entrepreneur. Allen is a versatile creator whose diverse project experience ranges from works written for the Minnesota Orchestra to pieces developed for film, TV, and radio. An innovator in the field of electronic performance, Allen performs on a set of “glove” controllers, which he has designed, built, and programmed by himself. When he’s not working as a solo artist, Allen is a serial collaborator. His primary collaborative vehicle is the group Ballet Mech, for which Allen is one of three producers.
J. Anthony Allen teaches at Augsburg University in Minneapolis, MN, where he runs the Music, Media, and Management program. He is also an Ableton Live Certified Trainer, co-founder, owner and CEO of Slam Academy, a multimedia educational space in downtown Minneapolis, the CTO of Ion Concert Media, and sole owner and producer of music education courses under the umbrella of Punkademic Courses. Recently, Allen founded Hackademica – an innovative net-label for new music.
J. has a PhD in music composition, 2 Master’s degrees in music composition and electronic music, and a bachelor’s degree in guitar performance. Through his academic travels, Dr. Allen has received numerous awards along the way.
If you run into him on the street, he prefers to be addressed as J. (as in, Jay.)
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated online instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes. He currently teaches at Augsburg University in Minneapolis, MN, Slam Academy, and Punkademic Courses.
• Producers, Composers, Film Makers, Game Designers, and more looking to create stunning sounds for their projects.
√ Building Bass sounds with FM Synthesis
√ Creating Funk Bass Sounds
√ Creating Dirty Bass Sounds
√ Wobble / Dubstep Bass
√ Techniques For Sub Bass
• This class focuses on techniques, not software. So no specific software is required, but students should have some kind of production environment (DAW) that they are comfortable with.
1. Introduction (04:29)
2. My Approach in this Class (02:42)
3. How to Use This Class (02:43)
2. FM Bass
4. A Quick Refresher in FM Synthesis (02:17)
5. Our First Guest: Jack Denny from Ternion Sound (02:25)
6. FM Bass Sound (Jack Denny) (07:54)
7. Our Second Guest: Joe Wooding, AKA Dumpling (02:19)
8. Refresher on Instrument Racks (03:07)
9. FM Pluck Bass (Dumpling) (05:53)
10. Serum and FM Synthesis (01:33)
11. Tearout FM Bass (Jack Denny) (09:28)
3. Dirty Bass (2 lectures • 11 min.)
12. Effect Automation (01:49)
13. J Plaza Op Bass (Dumpling) (09:12)
4. Funk Bass
14. Our Third Guest: Zakariya Khan (03:48)
15. Massive Funk (01:49)
16. Smoke Out The Garden Bass (Zak Khan) (07:23)
5. Wobble Bass
17. The Wub-Wubs (02:30)
18. Beats By Phasing (02:24)
19. Classic Reece Bass (Jack Denny) (07:56)
20. Envelope Shapes (01:15)
21. Lowpass Wobble (Jack Denny) (10:10)
22. Wavetable Grit (01:36)
23. Mid-Bass Phase Plant (Jack Denny) (09:14)
24. Uses of Subbass (02:26)
25. Subbass with Upper Grit (01:08)
26. DnB Sub Bass (Dumpling) (05:35)
27. Sub bass with “Hair” (00:41)
28. White Noise Sub (Jack Denny) (06:56)
7. Weird Bass Effects
29. Our Fourth Guest: James Patrick (04:15)
30. Squeak the Click (01:01)
31. Squishies (James Patrick) (07:28)
8. Wrap Up
32. What Comes Next? (01:29)
33. Thanks for Watching! (00:38)
34. Bonus Lecture (05:45)