AudioSculpt As Plug-ins – a set of audio plugins that allows you to convert sound in a creative way.
ASAP is a set of audio plugins that replaces and adapts some of AudioSculpt’s features for use in digital audio workstations.
The user is encouraged to play with the sound representation and synthesis parameters in order to generate new sounds. The user is encouraged to play with the sound representation and synthesis parameters to generate new sounds.
Plugins can also be used to fix default audio settings and improve audio rendering. With ARA2 integration, spectral transformations are integrated into the editing workflow. The plugins are based on the SuperVP audio engine developed by Ircam’s analysis and synthesis team.
• Spectral Crossing [Premium] : The plug-in allows you to cross the amplitudes and frequencies of the original sound and the sound of the side chain to create a hybrid sound. The plugin can be used to creatively interpolate and transform one sound into another by progressively mixing the phase and amplitude components of two audio signals.
• Spectral Morphing [Premium]: The plugin allows you to apply the spectral characteristics of the side chain sound to the original sound to transform its timbre. By using the sound of a voice as a side chain to the sound of an instrument as a source, spectral morphing can be used to make the instrument speak.
• Spectral Clipping [Free] : The plugin allows you to expand and compress the energy of the spectral components in the threshold range. It can be used to dampen low-level sounds such as background noise, or to limit high-energy peaks such as high-pitched bird calls.
• Formant Shaping [Premium]: The plugin allows you to change vowels and play with formant resonances of sound. It can be used to change the vowel sounds of a voice, or to vocalize instruments such as a drum kit.
• Spectral Surface [Premium] : The plugin allows you to draw shaped filters on the audio spectrogram and control their gain and attenuation. The sound presentation and effects interface, made possible by the ARA 2 plug-in extension, allows you to create very complex and precise surface filters to reduce or increase certain parts of the spectral components of the sound. The plug-in can be used to compensate for annoying artifacts in the sound, as well as to creatively transform the sound.