Overview of Mixing The Contortionist Multitracks with Jamie King
Learn to mix The Contortionist multitracks with Jamie King. You’ll know Jamie from his work with bands such as Between The Buried And Me, Alesana, A Skylit Drive, and For Today, and this month on Nail The Mix he’ll be mixing ‘Return To Earth’ by one of progressive’s most respected and exciting rock bands of our time – The Contortionist.
What’s Cool, Interesting, and Challenging About This Session:
- This is a very “real,” analog session: no drum samples, all bass amps, most synths are analog.
- The drum room was small, so you’ll need to find a way to make them big without ruining the authentic analog character of the session.
- Jamie does a lot of synthetic stereo panning, like the Beatles: copying a track, shifting it by 30ms or so, and panning them hard left and right.
Features of the Mix
- October 2017 Nail The Mix w Jamie King & The Contortionist (1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4
- Example files: not provided
- Video format: MP4
- Video: AVC, 1920×1080, 16:9, 30 fps, 2000 kb/s
- Audio: AAC, 44.1 kHz, 128 kb/s, 2 channels