For the first time on video, Michael Brauer presents his signature “Brauerize©” method, 100% boxed, with his famous multi-bus compression technique.
Over the past 44 years, Michael Brower has helped shape the sound of modern music to global superstars such as Coldplay, John Mayer, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi and more. Michael’s commitment to musicianship through the mixing process has connected billions of listeners to the artists who look to him. His ability to convey emotion and excitement in mixes is unparalleled, thanks in part to the relentless development of his signature “Brauerize©” method.
Ever since the Brauerize© method began gaining prominence in the early 2000s, engineers have been striving to recreate the technique in the mix, with countless blog articles and videos appearing in attempts to master the technique.
In this exclusive video for pureMix.net, Michael Brauer sits down at the table to explain in great detail every component of the Brauerize© method in the box. After he and his assistant Fernando Reyes explain the story of the Brauerize© Pro Tools template, Michael mixes the song from scratch on camera.
Once you see Michael doing it, download his actual template and try it out for yourself!
In this video, you will sit next to Michael while he:
● Explains his career story
● Talks about how he learned to hear compression
● Tells the story of how he struggled with the balance of bass and compression on Aretha Franklin’s “Freeway Of Love”, which led to the development of the “Brauerize©” method on the SSL 6000 console that changed everything for him
● Explains the importance of performing a mix
● Describes the evolution from analog to hybrid and eventually from hybrid to all-digital in a box
● Explains how COVID restrictions pushed him to move to 100 % digital workflow
● Breaks down each section of his template, discussing the choice of plug-ins and settings on each channel
● Teaches the technique of multi-parallel vocal compression
This is your chance to learn from one of the world’s most famous mixing engineers.
Pro Tools Brauerize© Template Project
Sample files : Not provided
Video format : M2TS
Video : AVC, 1920×1080, 16:9, 29.97 fps, 2000 kb/s
Audio : AAC, 44.1 kHz, 192 kb/s, 2 channels