Overview of Ashlight:
Native Instruments Ashlight is a virtual tool for creating cinematic textures. Developed in collaboration with Frank Elting and The Solos sound design agency, it’s designed to bring cinematic atmospheres and textures to your music. It offers a wide range of settings to craft unique sounds.
Features of Ashlight:
- Granular sound engine with various sound sources such as carbon bows, metal containers, waterphones, feedback loops, and more.
- Ability to upload custom samples.
- Ready-made presets and additional processing effects like filters, equalizers, delay, and reverberation.
- Sound control options like height/tone adjustments, modulation matrix, pulse response, intensity and time modulators, grain module, and gain settings.
- Independent processing for each sound layer.
- Assignable macros for effects and MIDI keyboard support for live control.
Technical Details and System Requirements:
- Product type: KOMPLETE Instrument.
- Instrument type: Real-time cinematic texture instrument.
- Compatibility: Free KONTAKT PLAYER version 6.6 and higher, or KONTAKT version 6.6 and higher.
- Number of sounds: 320+ master Snapshots.
- NKI includes 263 grain source sets and 100 sample sets.
- Sound categories: Atmosphere, Pad, Lead, Transition, Keys, Effects, Subs, Pulses.