Using Ableton Live and Reason, we will learn how to craft sounds using any synthesizer to make amazing beats and tracks.
** UDEMY BEST SELLING INSTRUCTOR **
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
Welcome to the COMPLETE Sound Design Fundamentals Guide!
This is a class designed for the average person who is ready to dive into making music with synthesis! Whether you are a beginning musician, an active musician, or an aspiring musician – this class is perfect for you!
In Sound Design Fundamentals: Sampling, we will examine the essentials of Sound Design using Ableton Live and Propellerheads’ Reason software and focusing on principles of Sampling. We will explore three fundamental topics:
Using samples for generating sounds, and the legal implications of sampling (And two pro tips for avoiding all the legal issues)
Using samples to generate new sounds through manipulation and synthesis
Using samplers to control drum sounds and sequence dynamic drum patterns.
This system keeps the technical jargon to a minimum and gets you making your own sounds quick.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated Udemy instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
Throughout this class, If you get stuck, you can review the videos or post a question, and I’ll back to it as fast as possible.
And of course, once you sign up for this course you automatically get huge discounts to all the upcoming parts of this class.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Sound Design in a more comprehensive way than this.
All the tools you need to successfully learn Sound Design are included in this course and the entire course is based on real-life experiences – not just academic theory.
Please click the “Take This Course” button so you can launch your music career today.
** I guarantee that this course is the most thorough music theory course available ANYWHERE on the market – or your money back (30-day money-back guarantee) **
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
⇢ “It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows complex concepts to get absorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier.” – M. Shah
⇢ “Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts… It’s the best investment in leveling up my skills so far..” – Z. Palce
⇢ “Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed.” – A. Tóth
⇢ “VERY COOL. I’ve waited for years to see a good video course, now I don’t have to wait anymore. Thank You!” – Jeffrey Koury
⇢ “I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!” – A. Deichsel
⇢ “The basics explained very clearly – loads of really useful tips!” – J. Pook
⇢ “Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!” – M. Smith
Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts for all future classes in the series.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated online instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes. He currently teaches at Augsburg University in Minneapolis, MN, Slam Academy, and Punkademic Courses.
• This course does not go into complex terminology about sampling, so it is ideal for students just starting out (or needing a refresher) in sampling and sound design.
√ Work in Reason to understand sampling
√ Work in Ableton Live to understand sampling
√ Create any sound you can imagine using whatever software is at your disposal
√ Sound Design
√ Sampling in Ableton Live
√ Sampling in Reason
√ The Ableton Live Samplers
Students will be able to understand the key elements to all samplers, and the legal issues surrounding sampling (and some ways to avoid these issues)
1. Welcome & Overview (03:16)
2. Asking Questions (01:19)
3. Sound Design using Sampling: Software (05:38)
4. Sample Sources: Finding Free and Legal Samples (07:12)
5. The 4 Elements to any Sampler (03:07)
02. The NN-19 Sampler
Learn the ins-and-outs of Reasons NN-19 Sampler, and how to create living sounds using it.
6. Interface Overview (14:27)
7. Keyzones and Rootkeys (10:51)
8. Creating Instruments with the NN-19 (06:27)
9. Preset Deconstruction No. 1 (05:12)
03. The NN-XT Sampler
Here will focus on the NN-XT – a little more advanced sampler. We will find some of the same concepts, and a few new ones.
10. Interface Overview (04:35)
11. Keyzones and Velocity Zones (09:40)
12. Modulation & Filter Control (06:47)
13. Creating Instruments with the NN-XT (13:13)
14. Preset Deconstruction No. 2 (04:31)
04. The Ableton Live Simpler
Looking at the Ableton Live Simpler will show us how Ableton handles sampling in a basic sampling device.
15. Interface (03:06)
16. Making Drum Sounds (04:51)
17. Designing Sounds in the Ableton Simpler (04:49)
18. Preset Deconstruction No. 3 (03:39)
19. UPDATE: The Live 9.5 Simpler (00:30)
20. Live 9.5 Simpler – Classic Mode (04:17)
21. Live 9.5 Simpler: 1-shot Mode (02:26)
22. Live 9.5 Simpler: Slice Mode (02:37)
05. The Ableton Live Sampler
The Sampler in Ableton Live is much more robust than the Simpler, and gives us greater dynamic control and flexibility in our sounds.
23. Interface & Walkthrough (11:50)
24. Preset Deconstruction No. 4 (07:12)
This is the end! Some parting thoughts.
25. Parting Thoughts (01:51)
07. Bonus Videos
26. Using Ableton Live’s Sampler (10:10)
27. MultiSamples and Zones (14:59)
28. An Orchestra Library Example (04:27)
29. Bonus Lecture: Preparing Samples with Audacity (03:34)