Free Download Soundiron’s Hopkin Instrumentarium: Miago Trod Kontakt Library for Kontakt.
Overview of Miago Trod:
Miago Trod is a giant resonating lamellaphone created by master instrument inventor Bart Hopkin. It stands over five feet tall and has 22 threaded rods of varying lengths arranged in two rows. The sticks are tuned chromatically and played percussion. Part of the peculiarity of this experimental device is the relative tuning of the upper and lower segments.
They are long enough so that the fundamental sounds are infrasonic and the tone has different overtones. The range of rod lengths was chosen so that in the upper, shorter segments one overtone was strong enough to stand out as the defining pitch, while the other overtones contributed to a coherent combination.
Meanwhile, the longer lower segment has a similar set of overtone relationships, with a predominant pitch an octave below the upper segment. When the upper or lower segment is struck, the two parts interact, further enriching the tone. The end result is a mysterious bass and metallic tone perfect for your next music project that requires something truly unique.
Features of Miago Trod:
Design and Structure:
- Giant resonating lamellaphone created by Bart Hopkin.
- Over five feet tall with 22 threaded rods of varying lengths in two rows.
- Chromatically tuned rods played percussively.
- Relative tuning of upper and lower segments producing infrasonic fundamental sounds.
- Unique overtone relationships in both upper and lower segments.
- Striking either segment results in an interaction that enriches the tone.
Articulations and Sonic Textures:
- Range of playable tuned and untuned articulations for creative freedom.
- Classic Soundiron tradition includes sound-designed textures, pads, and tones.
- Elements can be played, layered, modulated, and mixed with natural acoustic articulations.
Technical Details & System Requirements:
Miago Trod offers a broad and flexible palette of musical colors, providing easy-to-use layer mixing, performance tools, and special effects to ignite creativity. Technical details and system requirements include:
- Chromatically tuned and percussively played rods.
- Infrasonic fundamental sounds with various overtones.
- Playable articulations and sound-designed textures for versatile sonic combinations.
- Format: KONTAKT (6.1.1)
- Quality: 24 bit 48 kHz stereo