Join us at Sterling Sound for the first series of MWTM videos with outstanding mastering engineer Chris Geringer! This comprehensive workshop covers a range of topics relevant to modern mastering including studio design, monitoring, analog and digital workflow, volume and more. Chris shares his experience and discusses the evolution of his workflow over the past decades, explaining why he ultimately chose to work entirely in a box. It compares and contrasts hybrid and all-digital workflows, providing a range of pros and cons for each in terms of sonic character, reliability and convenience. In addition to insightful discussion, Geringer demonstrates his approach and methods in a number of highly successful projects by Lil Nas X, Dua Lipa, Lorde, Bleachers and Machine Gun Kelly!
2. Vinyl vs. streaming dynamics, mix vs. reference, loudness issues, platform levels, genre, aesthetic
3. Mentally disconnecting, general process, assistant’s role, comparing limiters, ‘Void’, ‘Love Again’, ‘Levitating’
4. Subtle treatment, vocal presence & softening, ‘Don’ t Stop Now’, ‘Tickets to my Downfall’, ‘Nail Salon’
5. Favorable mix qualities, section-based processing, contrasting dynamics, ‘Solar Power’, ’45’
6. Quality over level, business perspective, playback translation across media, file type & resolution
There are subtitles in Russian, English and Spanish.
Sample files : Not provided
Video format : MP4
Video : AVC, 1920×1080, 16:9, 60 fps, 2000 kb/s
Audio : AAC, 48 kHz, 128 kb/s, 2 channels